Jessica Richins's Reviews > Guinea Pig Scientists: Bold Self-Experimenters in Science and Medicine

Guinea Pig Scientists by Mel Boring

F_50x66
May 06, 10

bookshelves: ya-literature
Read in May, 2010

Guinea Pig Scientists looks at scientists through the ages that chose to do self experimentation rather that use other test subjects. Some of these scientists used their self testing to make better interments for later generations. And other scientists died in their attempt to create a better world. This nonfiction book looks at ten different scientists and the experiments they did on themselves to create a better world.
I personally did not like this book very much, but if you are the type of person who likes nonfiction books that give information into things like this than you’ll probably really enjoy the book. I personally felt like this book was a little dry for me personally, but in general I am not a big nonfiction fan. This book is not a hard read and can be read in just a few hours. I think the target audience for this book was young adults (probably between 16-18). This book provided a brief overview of experiments these scientists worked on. I think because the overview of their experiments did not go into a lot of scientific detail it make it more of a young adult read than a adult kind of read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guinea Pig Scientists.