Nicole's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Jan 27, 11

Read from May 06, 2010 to January 27, 2011

Minor spoilers for the book throughout, with a major spoiler at the end. You're warned in giant red words. Just saying.

I love this series; I really do. (I wouldn't spend so much time promoting it if I didn't.) This plot in this one was much weaker than the plot of The Iron King; it's quite easy to figure out what Meghan is becoming.

Regardless of that, I still loved The Iron Daughter. It's a very character driven book, and I love nearly all the characters. (Meghan annoys me. A lot. Mainly because she's so god damned weak when it comes to controlling her emotions, especially when it comes to Ash.)

Yes, I'm Team Puck. But that doesn't mean I don't like Ash; it just means I like Puck MORE. I pitied Ash a lot during this book. He had to go through a helluva lot, and even though he was a complete and utter moron at the beginning, he pulled out strong by the end of the book. Puck was Puck - glorious and funny and protective and Ash's best friend and worst enemy and fantastic and god I love this character. [minor spoiler] Ironhorse kicked ass. I like Ironhorse.[/minor spoiler] And Grimalkin, as usual, was superfantasmagoricallyamazing. I want an action figure Grim that spouts out snarky things when I squeeze it.

One of my favorite parts of The Iron Daughter is that the side characters and villains are awesome. Mab kicks ass - I'm kind of afraid of her, actually - and Leanansidhe (don't ever ask me to spell her name again) was quite interesting to read about.

[BEGIN MAJOR SPOILER ALERT]
In the infamous image of an internet meme, Puck is - at the end of this book:

He better get a happy ending damn it.

[END MAJOR SPOILER ALERT]
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

01/26/2011 page 175
49.0% "Dear Ash: You're an asshole. This is why I'm on Team Puck. Love, Nicole." 3 comments