Melissa (i swim for oceans)'s Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Aug 29, 10

Read from May 06 to 13, 2010

Sadly, this is the third and final installation of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. City of Glass begins where the previous book, City of Ashes left off, and Clary is desperate to get to Alicante, the city of the Shadowhunters to find her mother's friend, Madeleine because she may be the only one who can save her.

The problem is that Jace believes it's too dangerous for Clary to go with them to Alicante, so he doesn't tell her when and where they'll be leaving. Left to her own devices and left behind, Clary uses her new-found rune powers to create a portal to Alicante, only to realize doing so without permission is punishable by death. Once in the City of Glass, Clary is caught in the final, inevitable battle between the Shadowhunters and Valentine, who is in the final stages of his maniacal plan. Oh, and throw in a few twists for Clary and Jace's relationship, and you've got a recipe for an amazing finish!

I hate when series end. Hate, hate, haaaattteeee it. That said, it's always a plus when the series goes out with a bang, and City of Glass definitely didn't disappoint. I was riveted until the very end. It's a worthy conclusion to this fun and exciting series, and I give it a very strong 4.5 out of 5 because I think there were certain parts that could have been played up more. Oh, and there is a trilogy of prequels releasing this fall, beginning with The Clockwork Angel releasing on August 31, 2010...I can't wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.