Abby's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

May 13, 10

bookshelves: books-in-a-series, dystopian, meant-for-youngens, 2010
Read from May 11 to 13, 2010

Although it had a slow start, Catching Fire was a nail-biting, anxiety-inducing read. In many ways, I can say that it was better than Hunger Games although both are highly comparable.

This second book in the Hunger Games sequel was riveting, providing twists and turns whenever you least expect them. Usually with books of that genre, you begin to expect the unexpected. But somehow Collins just has a way of making of the most absurd (yet plausible) plot twists that I could ever imagine.

An interesting feature of Catching Fire was the expansion of detail about life in District 12 and even the other districts. This is what can really paint the picture for dystopian books, so I was glad that she decided to expand on that.

I am highly disappointed though, that the third and final book in the trilogy is not due out for 3 more months. What oh what am I going to do? I can't believe I started reading a trilogy before all the books were published. What was I thinking?!

To compound the problem, Catching Fire was left with an even more unexplained "ending" than Hunger Games. Which means, I will be wondering all summer, "What happened to District 12? What happened to all the other districts? Where is everybody?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

05/13/2010 page 391