Jason Yee's Reviews > The Vampire Prince

The Vampire Prince by Darren Shan

M 50x66
May 12, 10

Read from May 05 to 11, 2010

The Vampire Prince is a sequence to the Trials of Death, in the Cirque Du Freak saga. In the last book, Dareen has failed the Trails of death, the penalty is only death. But with the help of Kurda, a soon-to-be-vampire-prince, who has lead Darren out of the mountains, using secert passages. Darren respects Kurda and even admires him untill...he finds out Kurda was hiding something.
As Kurda lead Darren down, Darren saw numberouds vampaneze in the mountains waiting for something. After seeing this, Darren throws himself into the stream and swims down, while no vampires in history has done that..and lived!
At the brink of death, wolves found him and nursed him back to health. Then as soon as he recovers he rushes into the mountain with the help of an old female wolf.
If i were him, I wouldn't go back into the mountains, even if I know this terrible secert. Only if 100% chance I'm able to live, but i would regret doing this. Darren made the right choice, something i would done, if i wasn't so scared of death.

For someone as inexperience to come up with a wack-up plan like the spider plan, Darren Shan is a true vampire and may be one of the ebst. At the end, after the vampaneze was killed and Kurda was exacuted, they held a trial for Darren's actions upon failing the Trials of Death. \
They cannot do this! After what Darren done for them? Darren climb the vampire mountain using secert passages in the moiuntain to reach Seba's headquarters without anyone catching him, he risked his life to tell the vampires about the vampaneze when he could be killed right on the spot. That would be insane, complete madness!
But then, the vampire prince suggest a way out of this, without having to change the rules. Darren Shan must and shall become a...vampire prince!
I, personally think this is the best solution there can be, I mean who doesn't like a higher ranking than they are now? It's the human nature and animals.

"The Vampire Prince" is a short book with 197 pages, way less than an average book for an eighth grader. The context is easy to understand and easy to imagine t=what's happening in the book. But the ting that means up for all of this, is the amazing and twisting plot of the story. The story takes 12 books to finish and each one is as good as any one. When you think there's no solution, the author, Darren Shan comes up with one that would be a loophole trough the problem. The author is doing this to make a suspense and then a turning point. This will make readers want more and more. Darren is doing this by stating the problem and how serious it is and there's no way to get out. But the author leaves in a minor flaw that you normally will not think of and that minor flaw can be use to find a loophole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Prince.

Quotes Jason Liked

Darren Shan
“They forget that the vampaneze were once our brothers, that by destroying them, we destroy a part of ourselves. Most vampire never realize how pointless and savage war truly is. You were smart enough to see through the truth. Don't ever forget it.”
Darren Shan, The Vampire Prince