Crystal Marcos's Reviews > Cora Cooks Pancit

Cora Cooks Pancit by Dorina K. Lazo Gilmore

Jun 08, 10

I loved this book from start to finish. Thanks from a suggestion made in the Children's Picture Book Club I was able to read it. Cora is a little Filipino girl who wants so badly to take part in her family's tradition of cooking together in the kitchen, but she is too young. One day her mother decided Cora was ready to make pancit (a traditional Filipino Noodle Dish). It was great to see Cora bonding with her mother. Will Cora's pancit turn out tasty? Well, you will have to read it to find out. =) The illustrations were wonderful. The artist painted a little extra fun to the story with Cora's dog pulling around toys from picture to picture. The back even contains a recipe to complete the tale. I also enjoyed reading about the author and the illustrator and learning about their backgrounds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cora Cooks Pancit.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal Marcos Chandra wrote: "Mmmm, just your review made me hungry!"

lol Thanks Chandra!

Kathryn I LOVED this one!

message 3: by Crystal (last edited Jun 24, 2010 09:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal Marcos Kathryn wrote: "I LOVED this one!" It has openned doors to other books for me!

Haluhalo Espesyal
Pan de Sal Saves the Day: A Filipino Children's Story
Filipino Friends
Two more related to food yeah!

message 4: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell I love your "delicious" review Crystal! LOL!!! This sounds like a great story about cooking and learning about various foods from other cultures! I'll have to check this out!

Crystal Marcos Ronyell wrote: "I love your "delicious" review Crystal! LOL!!! This sounds like a great story about cooking and learning about various foods from other cultures! I'll have to check this out!"
You really should, I think you will like it!

message 6: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell Thanks Crystal!!

Kathryn Oh, I will have to check out those other titles. Thanks, Crystal!

Crystal Marcos Welcome Ronyell & Kathryn!