Zeek's Reviews > Games of Command

Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair

May 05, 10

bookshelves: scifi-rom, romance, virgin-hero
Read in March, 2009

Tasha "Sass" Sebastian, former Merc known as Lady Sass, gets assigned to the ship commandeered by one time enemy, Admiral Branden Kel-Paten. Now part of an alliance between their two factions, Sass must do her best to hide her past while serving under the enigmatic Kel-paten.

The Admiral has his own secrets. He has loved Sass since he first laid eyes on her- long before she was assigned to his ship. But there's a major problem- he's part cyber man and he isn't supposed to have "feelings" at all, much less the strong emotions he feels for Sass. So he hides it, keeping her near but loving her from afar.

But then they take on a passenger, a rogue telepath named Jace Serafino, who threatens both Sass's and Kel-Paten's long held secrets and with the alliance threatened from within and without there is nothing they can do but trust the man who could tear them both apart.

I liked Games of Command, but not as much as I thought I would, being the sci fi lover that I am and all. I definitely enjoyed the secondary romance between the ship's doc, Eden Flynn and Serifino just as much as the main Hero/Heroine, perhaps more so.

Sass and Kel-Paten lacked a chemistry despite his desperate longing for her and the fact he's unique in romance novel land. (He's a "virgin hero".) Yep, Sass is his first, and that- coupled with his long held torch for the feisty heroine- should have made their eventual "connection" much more fiery. Unfortunately, it was decidedly anticlimactic, imo, and far more tepid then I had hoped.

The other component to this novel are the pets. They're telepaths AND teleporters and they factor in big time to defeating the big bads. (I am not a pet person so I found it all kind of silly, really.) Still, the novel contains an intriguing enough plot and, from the many stellar reviews out there, I know many enjoyed GOC.

I'm giving it a 2 out of 5, however. I just didn't feel the passion between the H/H to bring this up to the level it should have been.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Games of Command.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mara Hi Zeek. I'm a pet person, but still I found that all kind of silly too :D

Zeek okay- so it isnt just me then? :P