Wayne Wilson's Reviews > Tsar

Tsar by Ted Bell

May 05, 10

Read in April, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I have not been keeping up on my reviews but I listened to this book probably finished it in early April. I love anything written by Ted Bell. He doesn't disappoint in this latest novel.

The ending of this book makes me think there is a sequel coming for Alexander Hawke. I think the lovely Anastasia did not die in the end but will show up in the next installment and give Sir Alex the child she was carrying when the air ship blew up while she was on board.

Part of the story revolves around two huge air ships like Zeppelins only larger. It seems like a possibility for future travel where instead of flying in a jet or taking a luxury ocean liner you take a Luxury Air Liner with gourmet chiefs, 1st class cabins, etc.

The basic plot is a mega rich Russian wants to reestablish the Tsar in Russia and he is to be that Tsar and take back all the territories of the old Soviet Union. He feels that a strong Russia is needed to bring peace to the world and he is willing to do anything and kill anyone who stands in his way. For a time I sort of bought into this megalomaniac's ideas until his true nature finally reveals itself in the end.

I highly recommend this book and all the other Alex Hawke novels. The narration is great and it is hard to stop listening to this action packed adventure. I want to be Sir Alexander Hawke.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tsar.