Sharon's Reviews > Halo

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Jul 13, 10

bookshelves: own, review-copy
Read from June 28 to July 01, 2010 — I own a copy

I was nervous about reading Halo to begin with given my previous experience with a young adult angel novel. The honest truth is, that I AM a cover whore. When I first saw the cover for Halo I want to marry it and have its babies. After reading it I still pretty much feel the same way. Though I might put of the childbirth for a while.

Halo is far from a perfect book. The beginning is rather slow, a few of the secondary characters remanded underdeveloped, and it was totally freaking obvious who the villain was. The first 2/3 of the book follows Bethany and her relationship with Xavier. It wasn't even until near the end of the book that the villain was even introduced. BTW, the villain? Totally freaking obvious! Some of Bethany's new friends at school were rather annoying. Molly is particular remanded a walking stereotype of teenage girls.

By now you're probably thinking "What the hell?! Why did Sharon rate this book 4 purrs if it is so flawed?! Have you gone of the deep end Sharon?! HAVE YOU?!" The God's honest truth it that I just fell in love with the main characters and the setting. It was fascinating to read about Bethany adjusting to life as a human. Bethany's confusion over the human world led to quit a few lol moments like, "what is a milf?" Bethany basically starts out as a baby and slowly starts to learn what it means to be human,t hat you aren't truly alive until you love someone and all that good stuff. This appealed to my soft side and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Xavier Xavier...Xavier oh you are swoon-worthy. I'm a bit of a sucker for nice guys. Xavier manages to be a gentlemen without being a pushover. I love that he would do anything to help keep Bethany safe. Their relationship was a lot more hot and heavy than I was expecting. You would think that a religious book wouldn't have a lot of hot and heavy kissing and some petting.

Another thing worth mentioning is religion in Halo. I wouldn't describe Halo as an overly religious book despite the fact that it is about angels. I am by no means a religious person, so I don't know how closely Halo actually followed the Bible. I would be very interested to see what a more religious person thought of this book.

I am officially addicted to this series. I kind of wish that I was an angel now. That is all.

What I learned from this book: I do have a warm and fuzzy side after all.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halo.

06/28/2010 page 26