Vered's Reviews > Friday Night Bites

May 08, 10

bookshelves: uf
Recommended to Vered by: new_user
Read from May 05 to 07, 2010

I’ve enjoyed this book very much. Chole Neil writes UF drama, emphasis on relationships and politics, and she does so with great wit and care for her characters. The relationships are intense, which I like, the dialogues are sharp and often funny, and the world she created sucks you right in.
I’ve especially enjoyed Ethan development as a character, and his relationship with Merit.

Chole Neil does have a tendency to overwhelm the reader with details. It was very hard for me at first, but I got used to her style and stopped noticing it at some point.

Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friday Night Bites.

05/08/2010 page 370
100%

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (last edited May 09, 2010 08:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user Yay! Good summary. :D

Ariana I don't know where the 'like' button is... Nice review :)

Vered Thanks you two :)

Ariana Duuhhh... I found it. Who knew it'd be the blue 'yes' button!?

So what's next on your reading list V??

Vered Yeah! They had to complicate things. Couldn’t keep it simple. LOL.

Going back to On the Edge. Read only few pages before Chicagoland. Then The Hunger Games and the Across the Nightingale floor sequels. Plus I think there was a talk about reading Gabriel's Ghost.

I’ll probably sneak in some PNR/ER to scratch the itch :)

AND waiting, not so patiently for Magic Bleed, May 25th!

You??

Ariana Gabriel's Ghost got some good ratings, looks interesting even if it IS spacey :P

The HUnger Games is also on my TBR list, but I'm waiting for it to be returned to the library before I get my dirty mittens on it :D

Right now I'm trying out Cast In Courtlight, the second in the Elantra series. Must stop getting books, so much Uni work to do....arghahgahgha...

May 25th will be a magic day huh? Here's hoping it comes out here that day as well! *gleeful clapping*

Vered Yeah, Gabriel's Ghost got good reviews from people I trust.

It’ll take me few very miserable days before I’ll get Magic Bleed. since we don’t have them in stores here, I ordered from book depository… :(

I’m doomed for yearning ::very melodramatic sigh::

Uni work... I feel your pain!

Vered "Right now I'm trying out Cast In Courtlight, the second in the Elantra series..."

Better cover?? :)

new_user Oh, I want to read Gabriel's Ghost too! :)

Vered Yes yes, I was talking about you :)

new_user LOL! Even better!

Ariana How come you don't just get the ebook? Requires less energy :D

Ariana Vered wrote: ""Right now I'm trying out Cast In Courtlight, the second in the Elantra series..."

Better cover?? :)"

Lol, uhhhh yuh. For now, then next one is absolutely shocking though, I'm sure I'm getting a twitch underneath my eye every time I look at them.

Vered Ariana wrote: "How come you don't just get the ebook? Requires less energy :D"

I’m not sure they release the ebook on the same date.
But yes, I do buy a lot of the books the e version.

Vered Ariana wrote: "Lol, uhhhh yuh. For now, then next one is absolutely shocking though, I'm sure ..."

DON'T LOOK!!

xD

Ariana Can't help it, it's like a horrific car crash :D

Vered Hehehe