Ami's Reviews > Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun by A.M. Riley

May 05, 10

bookshelves: mm-mystery-suspense-thriller
Read in May, 2010

Gosh, A.M. Riley's stories seem to always able to make me writhing in emotional turmoil. Here we have a GREAT story, a mystery to uncover, which involves drugs, snakes, closeted ex-boyfriend, a missing wife, a code writing, gorgeous agent, child's books -- with gay nuance -- and handful of wonderful characters apart from the main guy, Stefan Sanchez. However, Ms. Riley teases with the relationship part, and leave an open ending that feels so real in the end, I want to scream in frustration. I swear, if there isn't a sequel that deals with Stefan and Evans, this story is going to kill me slowly *sigh*. Despite all this, this is another great book from A.M. Riley. I really, really love her stories and she is now one of my favorite authors in this genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Son of a Gun.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY I'll wait until a sequel, if there's one, to come out before I read Son of a Gun. I don't like these open-ended stories anymore. I didn't mind them before but somehow these days, I want closure for a relationship I've been following through its ups and downs. Plus, waiting for sequels is such a pain. Most times it isn't worth the price or it takes so long to come out I've lost interest.

message 2: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Yeah, I hear you about waiting for a sequel *sigh*. But sometimes when I love an author so much, I'm willing to endure the pain

message 3: by Kiki (new) - added it

Kiki I wish I'd read reviews before starting this one. I think as part of a series in which the relationship is developed more, I'd have loved it. As it is, on its own, it's just left me feeling frustrated. I'll be very careful about other books by this writer, despite how much the writing appealed to me. Or maybe because of it, because I'd be less frustrated if I hadn't gotten interested in the characters.

message 4: by Ilhem (last edited Jun 24, 2013 02:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilhem I'll have her other books to help me wait for the sequel. Let's hope that the re-edition means that it will come soon.

message 5: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Let's hope so, Ilhem. The thing is she doesn't write full time, so her job keeps her busy. I did email her last month and she said she was writing the sequel for this. Let's just hope it can be released sooner rather than later.

Ilhem Let's hope and be patient, then.:)