Warnie B.'s Reviews > The Bell at Sealey Head

The Bell at Sealey Head by Patricia A. McKillip

May 20, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, fairy-tales, fantasy
Read from May 11 to 20, 2010, read count: 1

This was my first time to read anything of McKillip's, and I'm not sure that starting with this one was a great choice, according to many folks who have said this is one of their least favorites of hers. But I liked it. The language right at the beginning was a little too flowery for my taste, but either it was only really like that on the first few pages, or I just learned to tune it out, because I don't have that impression of the rest of the book. I think the main thing that kept me from loving this story was that, to me, it seemed like there just wasn't a whole lot of depth to it. The characters were fairly shallowly drawn and I didn't have much interest in anyone besides Judd and Gwyneth, and I felt like there were a lot of holes in the story as to the hows and whys things were the way they were. I felt like it was a pretty story, but it could have been a really beautiful one with a little more...well, just with a little more. I'll definitely read another book of hers though, especially if this is one of the worst she's got!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bell at Sealey Head.

05/14/2010 page 61
22.02% "Kinda slow going so far. Pretty, but slow."