Jasmyn's Reviews > The Affinity Bridge

The Affinity Bridge by George Mann

May 04, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, steam-punk, series, newbury-and-hobbes-investigation, nook
Read in May, 2010 — I own a copy

This story had so many different elements to it...a zombie plague, a ghostly policeman, an airship crash, crazy scientists, and a touch of the paranormal. It was almost too much to keep up with. I can's imagine how Sir Newbury managed to keep up with it all, but somehow he did with the help of his beautiful assistant, Veronica.

The story starts off with the investigation of a glowing policeman that seems to be responsible for several murders. As Sir Newbury begins the investigation he is instead directed, by the Queen herself, to investigate an air ship crash. Somehow all of this and the zombie plague tie together fairly neatly in the end, but in a very odd way.

While I did enjoy reading the story, there were times it seemed to jump around a bit, and I could not find myself truly loving any of the characters. The saving grace, and what piqued my interest, was the final chapter. It just may compel me to give the second book a chance and see what happens.

3/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Affinity Bridge.