Joan's Reviews > The Innocent Mage

The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller

May 04, 10

bookshelves: favourites
Read in April, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

*low whistle* My, oh my! This book is just amazing! and has become one of my definite favourites!
A rare gem and an incredible read!
From the very first page, there is something alluring and enticing about the language and character that had me immersed.

Wow, where to start? I am in AWE of what Miller has created.
Every time I picked up the book, I was ALWAYS surprised at how quickly it grabbed me. It's filled with elaborate images and descriptions, flowery and non-flowery language and all sorts of characters.
There is a bit of everything in this jewel!
Miller has such talent for weaving stories! (Never had politics seemed so interesting *wink* and) the world she created is incredible, down to the smallest detail. I want to be a part of that world!

"The Innocent Mage" is the story of Asher, a fisherman who arrives to the great city and through a twist of fate, meets and is employed by His Highness, Prince Gar... the magickless "cripple" amidst the magical Doranen. And then, behind the scenes are Dathne and Matt, members of the Circle, Asher's best friends, chosen to follow Prophecy and, in time, lead innocent Asher to his destiny.

I was hooked and impressed all through the 640 pages. Yes, a looong book.
But when it ended - with a satisfying climax - I felt... 1. disappointed that it was over and 2. anxious to start reading the second volume and 3. inspired to write my own story.
All the things that a successful book should make you feel.

So I'd suggest you go out and get this book and don't miss out on this incredible journey, loyal friendships, witty comments and a world which leaves you breathless!

Favourite character? GAR! Prince Gar :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Innocent Mage.