Dawn's Reviews > Paw Tracks in the Moonlight

liked it
bookshelves: biography
Recommended for: Cat Lovers
Read from May 10 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I liked this book because there's nothing tacky about it and there's no bad language or sex in it. It is a good, clean read. (It has given me hope that creative writing without sex or swearing in it is still published!)

The book is a bit slow in parts however. The style of writing is clear, but a little dry and boring in parts. Nevertheless there were some quirky bits and what I loved most is Denis O'Conor's tenderness for his pet, and it reveals how people long for something to fill "emotionally sterile gaps" in their life as he put it.

The only thing I found puzzling was the author's spirituality which seemed mixed up. The author obviously had a spiritual side to his personality, but it seemed to flit from omens, pagan talk to the trees, visit to church at Christmas, to believing in "animal spirits", so I found it difficult to pick-up the mixed messages about where he stood spiritually, but I could overlook this as part of his individuality.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paw Tracks in the Moonlight.

05/04/2010 page 1