Carly's Reviews > This Fine Life

This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson

May 08, 10

bookshelves: 2010-favorites
Read from May 04 to 08, 2010

The description on the back cover of this book is pretty vague, so I really had no idea what to expect or where this story would go. I really liked that about this book because watching this story unfold page by page was so much more enjoyable than knowing the whole story ahead of time. And what a wonderful story this is! I want to keep my review of This Fine Life vague just as the publisher did on the back cover because I think part of the joy of reading this story is not knowing where God will take Mariette next or how he will work in her life.

I think one of the things I liked so much about this book is the fact that I could relate to Mariette in so many ways. She is so real and I think a lot of readers will see themselves in her. I got a great deal of comfort from that. I also got a great deal of comfort from Mariette’s friend Missy. We all need a friend like her. There were so many other wonderful characters and personalities in this story. I just loved the overall feel of this book.

I don’t usually care whether a story is told in the first person or the third person, but I am really glad this story is told in the first person. This story being told from Mariette’s perspective made it even more intimate, emotional, and more real. It just would not have been the same written any other way.

I really loved This Fine Life. I just can’t say enough good things about this book. There was nothing I did not like. There was not a moment of boredom. The story was never slow. The characters were wonderful. The setting was beautiful. I just loved it! I highly recommend it to anyone. It will definitely go on my favorite books shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Fine Life.

05/04/2010 page 42