Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Tall, Dark and Wolfish

1962503
May 06, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, paranormal-romance
Read from May 04 to 06, 2010

I heard about Benjamin in book 1, all I knew that he was somewhere in Scotland and his family didn't know where or why. Well this is the explanation. First he is of course a Lycan like his brothers, second, he can't transform any more after an incident with a woman. From a friend he learns that perhaps a healer/witch in Scotland can help.

Benjamin is like his brother in that aspect that he is afraid to love and be loved. He wants to control the beast and perhaps that is the problem. He is rather torn and lost when he can't change any more, and the rake in him seems to drift away cos of his loss.

But where would we be without some romance. The old healer he is looking for is a beautiful young woman and he is not called a rake for nothing. But when is love ever easy. This woman has a bunch of friends who are very protective and need her to stay with them. Even if that means sending away someone she loves. Yes they aren't that clever now are they, but they meant well, and I had trouble disliking them. I would also protect a friend, and they thought it was for the best. And they were just fun, I'd love to see them find love. Now that could be a cool spin-off.

Lord Benjamin, well I do like a werewolves, they are just so manly and not afraid to show it. Elspeth was sweet, and she truly did not stand a chance when he showed up. Of course who could resist a werewolf.

This book had the romance, and the wolves do tend to become very carnal when the moon is full as he puts it. I liked that they wanted to be with each other, and how the other girls got in the way. he had to fight some for his love. And of course he was also very stupid cos of his Lycan state, but he has to learn too,

One thing that I just had to get used to was that ye this was Scotland, so there was the accent. Luckily I had read this other book and was up to speed what it all meant. But I am glad it wasn't more of it.

This book had me reading like crazy at the beginning, I wanted her to find out about him being what he was, I mean she had to heal him. And the rest of the book I wanted to know if the witches would get in the way, or if anyone would do something stupid (heroes and heroines always do something stupid ;).

All in all a good shifter story and I do think I liked this more than book 1, I guess we just have to see if I( like book 3 even more. Nice historical setting, sweet romance, and cool shifters.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Loving it, I am not just saying this cos I love the color green, but it is the green, and then her piercing green eyes and that castle ( and yes there was some man nipples too, but I honestly watched the castle.)
Reason for reading: From the publisher
Final thoughts: Who can say no to a werewolf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall, Dark and Wolfish.