Bill Memorial Library 's Reviews > This World We Live In

This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer

May 04, 2010

Read in May, 2010

This title is the third in a trilogy that began with Life As We Knew It. Miranda and her family have survived the year since the moon was hit by an asteroid, knocking it off its orbit and throwing the earth into chaos. Life is bleak for Miranda, knowing most of her friends and neighbors are dead and food, water, and electricity are scarce. Then, unexpectedly, Miranda's father shows up with his wife, baby, and 3 strangers, including Alex Morales and his sister, survivors from the second book The Dead and Gone. Miranda gets her first taste of love, which complicates her future. The author ties their stories together nicely, and together the entire clan face tough decisions about how to best survive in a world that will never be "normal" again. A sudden and unexpected disaster pushes Miranda and her family to the limits of their endurance. This book is the end of Miranda's story, but the author leaves room for a follow-up, as readers may want to know what happens in this altered world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This World We Live In.