Jenny Q's Reviews > The Frontiersman's Daughter

Feb 04, 2011

bookshelves: best-of-2010, inspirational-faves, my-favorite-reads
Read from November 03 to 05, 2010

Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5

I love stories of frontier life. I am continually amazed at the strength of the people who carved out our nation one homestead at a time. The Frontiersman's Daughter is an exceptional tale of one young woman's struggle to discover her place and purpose on the edge of the wild Kentucky frontier. I was instantly drawn into Lael's story and I found myself smiling when she was happy and crying at her heartbreak; at times applauding her bravery and at others cursing her stupidity. This is Christian fiction, so Lael also struggles to find her faith in God in a wild and dangerous environment that God seems to have forsaken. But the themes of faith and forgiveness are subtlely woven throughout the story, seamlessly blended with the hardships and triumphs of frontier life, and coming to the forefront only at the end when Lael faces her most difficult trial of all. The Frontiersman's Daughter is a beautifully crafted epic, filled with raw emotion, the themes of faith and family and friendship, right and wrong, with a story as unpredictable as the wilderness itself - a rugged ride through an unforgettable young woman's journey to self-acceptance, spiritual enlightenment, and love. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Frontiersman's Daughter.