Shannon's Reviews > The No-Cry Potty Training Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Child Say Good-Bye to Diapers

The No-Cry Potty Training Solution by Elizabeth Pantley

F 50x66
May 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010
Recommended to Shannon by: Library Catalog
Recommended for: Parents entering the "potty learning" phase of toddlerhood
Read from May 03 to 04, 2010 , read count: Once

What to say...this is a book about potty training or should I say "potty learning." This was not an eye-opening read for me, but it did make me feel better about the process as a whole. Specifically, since I have grown up hearing how I just started to use the potty around 18 months, and my sister took to the potty fairly easily at about two years, I was starting to feel like a loser that my kids didn't seem to be "getting it." Some of this book talked about readiness (which was not even in my parents' vocabulary when we were little) and some of it contains helpful technniques, but I think that the best part of the book was how it explained step-by-step what it takes to go to the potty and what a toddler must master. Hence, why this is "potty learning" and not "potty training." Once I thought about the "learning" aspect and how much time it took them to learn how to crawl or walk or sleep through the night or even do a puzzle, I felt alot less anxious about the whole process. Now, I try to celebrate whatever success, however small, we have!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The No-Cry Potty Training Solution.