helen's Reviews > Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too

Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber

F_50x66
Jun 07, 10

bookshelves: read-2010
Read from May 03 to June 01, 2010

oops, I posted this without my review! this is an OUTSTANDING book. yes, it is nominally a parenting book, and probably most interesting to those who have 1+ children (or think they might someday have 1+ children). however, it is also a book that I would recommend to pretty much everyone *except* only children who are exclusively friends/partners with other only children, and who never plan to have children. so, those in that category, stop reading now!

everyone else, seek out this book. it offers great insight into family dynamics, including those that carry over into adulthood. The suggestions for how to deal with sibling conflicts are concrete and precise and really seem to work (so far) in my experience. And again, anyone not actively parenting 1+ children would still I think find this book very interesting in terms of re-thinking conflicts/challenges within their own families growing up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siblings Without Rivalry.