Colleen's Reviews > How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber

F_50x66
May 03, 10

Read in May, 2010

Read this. Reading it again. And again. And again.

A powerful tool. Recommended by my pediatrician to help us communicate more effectively with our ADHD twin boys. But this is a great resource for all children and their parents.

Quick and easy to read. Not too dry or preachy. Timeless advice.

Other reviews have suggested this book is for "REALLY bad" parents who don't have "a clue" how to speak to their children. Or that this book will teach you "emotionless parenting" and fails to address how and when to give your children the advice they need.

I strongly disagree with these sentiments. While many parents come to this book in crisis, I caution them against feeling they are currently bad parents. Most of us parent like we were parented. And it's not until we come to an impasse that we realize what we learned may not be the best way. We are not bad. We were simply uninformed. You will be far more informed (and enlightened) on how to address your children's emotions and offer advice at a time and in a way they can hear you after reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk.