Emilyandherlittlepinknotes's Reviews > Endgame

Endgame by Dee Davis

Endgame it’s the kind of book that you should read on a friday as you’ll probably end up staying up all night, generally speaking I don’t appreciate when the male character it’s a moody dark special agent, Gabriel Rourke is a classical example of exception to the rule.

We have the “two opposites attract theme” in here, on one side is FBI profiler Madison Harper, Madison is a steely cold professional, very talented at what she does, her family has power and money which means she had to work really hard at building her credibility. On the other side is special agent Gabriel Rourke, Gabriel worked in Iraq, was undercover for many years, has very little faith in human nature and a natural attitude at leadership.

When the two are forced to jointly head up a task force investigating murder in high places-it’s no surprise that sparks begin to fly.Both Madison and Gabriel want to assume leadership of the operation and their initial cooperation isn’t exactly smooth.

The plot is actually interesting but obviously if I wanted an excellent thriller I would stick to Joseph Finder (he never fails to keep me awake as long as it takes to unveil a mystery), unluckily Finder doesn’t do romance in his books while Davis is very skilled on the subject.

Dee Davis is a master at keeping the reader on the edge, this is a proper romance with lots of passion on the steamy side, sex & international espionage, it won’t disappoint who is looking for a not-another-boring romance.

Chemistry is good, dialogues are entertaining, Madison is not a wimp, sometimes she falters a bit but overall she is no whiner.

You won’t probably think about this book once you read it but it’s pure escapism and really well done.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endgame.