JenMcJ's Reviews > Handcuffs and Leather

Handcuffs and Leather by Kim Dare

May 11, 2010

bookshelves: mm-mmm-a-few-mmf-too, e-books, z-5-star-reads

*wails* TOO SHORT KIM, too short!

Okay, so the title is Rawlings M e n #1. How is Rawling going to have more than one man? I am not sure I think he should make Hadley share him.

When are you going to have characters with generic names like Tom, Dave or John? LOL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handcuffs and Leather.

message 1: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Dare Lol. The Handcuffs and Lace line has an upper limit of 18k, so it's not entirely my fault. I'm glad you liked it though.

The sharing question first. Hadley isn't going to share. It's not men who belong to Rawlings, it's all different men from the Rawlings family. (Yep, I actually missed the fact that was going to be confusing until the book came out, lol)

Here's the blurb for the series as a whole. That might make it a bit clearer:

A series of six Male/Male BDSM novellas, following men from the same extended family. While they can be read as stand alone titles, they are best read in order as part of the series.

The Rawlings men have always had a close association with the police force. Those who don't become police men themselves have always flocked towards related professions. The family is full of forensic psychologists, scene of crime officers and police advisors.

And as for those rare Rawlings men who have no interest in maintaining law and order - they can still appreciate a man in uniform, and a finely crafted pair of handcuffs!

And as for the names - that's easy to explain. I save up all the "normal" names I really like for when I come to write the longer books. There will be a Tom and a David, but no Johns - that's my fathers name, not sure I could write about a John!

BTW - I'm currently editing a book that looks likely to be about 75k. That'll be coming out in August :D

JenMcJ Yay! (but it is your fault they are short, pick a different line - LOL - I know an excuse when I hear one)

Well, I hope we get to visit with Hadley farther down the line.

What is that longer book about? Spoil us!

message 3: by Kim (last edited May 12, 2010 03:58AM) (new) - added it

Kim Dare *Shuffles feet* Yeah, but the moment I see a line, the ideas in my head. Then the only way to get rid of it is to write it and um... *clears throat and changes topic* ;)

Hadley and Dr. Rawlings do make some brief appearences in some of the later books.

The longer book is a modern day M/M, BDSM retelling of The Ugly Duckling fairy tale using avian shifters. It's called .Duck! :)

The second Rawlings Men title has also been accepted - Handcuffs and Glory Holes

JenMcJ Looking forward to it. It sounds like a good one.

When is your next book out so I know to mark my calendar....actually do you have a list of up coming books and release dates anywhere?

message 5: by Kim (last edited May 12, 2010 04:03AM) (new) - added it

Kim Dare There's a coming soon page on my website if that's any help -

The next ones out are Gay Man Seeks Same for TEB and Marrick's Promise for RP, both in June.

15k and 40k respectively ;)