Joyzi's Reviews > The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Aug 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, fiction, ya-books, reviewed, book-series, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Recommended for: Peeps who don't mind rip-offs
Read on August 07, 2010 , read count: 1

UPDATE: So much for books to movies? They're going to make a movie out of this book too.

One Sunday morning, I was bored and decided to read Specials the book three of the Uglies trilogies, but I find myself suffering to read it because it's too boring and then I've decided to read this book instead since one of my group here in goodreads was reading it.

At the very first chapter I feel like this was probably a good story and idk, but with the first chapter alone I know that I'd love the book. As I go along reading it I have no idea where the story would go and at first I thought that this is a non-fantasy book, but kind of a romance YA book. But then I think in the middle of the book, strange things begin to happen and you get the feeling that this is a paranormal romance book. At first my guess it would be a vampire story or a fallen angel story and idk I become really disappointed when I've learned that it was a werewolf story.

This book is promising, but a li'l bit disappointing. I describe it as a mix of Twilight, Shiver, Vampire Academy and Hush Hush. So if you love these books you will probably like this one too.

Good thing also about this book is it's very wholesome (a li'l bit preachy), no swearing, sex scenes or any violent scenes. I just don't like that the dialogues lack humor and the climax was not strong enough, some of the twists I have predicted so it's predictable in a lot of times, some of the characters are not that interesting.

But all in all I like it and I finished it in one day and definitely better than Specials.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.

Samantha Oledan naks, joyzi... pati pala ito nabasa mo na?!!!

ayoko sa werewolves eh, pero sa tingin mo ba mare-redeem ng librong ito ang pagtingin ko sa kanila?

grabe, one day mo lang binasa? so this must be good?
tungkol san ba, maliban sa werewolf? may love story ba?

message 2: by Joyzi (last edited Dec 27, 2010 03:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joyzi Uuum parang Ya Paranormal romance na may pagka Christian Book, try this one din, okay naman siya medyo predictable nga lang

Samantha Oledan Christian Book???

Joyzi Uuum may pagka nabasa mo ba yung book info sa GR, di ba parang sabi prodigal son blah blah blah, basta may pagka biblical

Samantha Oledan ah... i see... hmmm... mukha ngang maganda... sana hindi ko na lang nalaman na werewolf sila... hahaha!

Joyzi ayaw mo nang werewolf? actually ok naman to e, pwede mo din i-try

Samantha Oledan hmmm...hindi kasi sila cute...haha...i mean, sa lahat halos ng binasa kong libro, parang hindi bida yung werewolf... hahaha :D

Joyzi ganun, edi try mo 'to first time bida ang mga werewolfs

Samantha Oledan sige... haaay... kailangan ko na talagang gumawa ng book planner... tsk.. tsk...

Joyzi book planner talaga :P

Samantha Oledan si julie nagsabi nun eh... hahaha... why not?!!! :D

Joyzi pwede din hehe

Jeneroso it really was like a mix of all those books right?
why vamp.acad?