H.I. Al-Muhairi's Reviews > Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

May 07, 10

bookshelves: 2010, favorites, psychology-psychological, realistic-fiction, ya, aww, sci-fi, original, death, weird-and-bizarre, teen-trouble, dystopian
Recommended for: Everybody alive
Read from May 03 to 07, 2010

I loved this book. Been some time since I last read an amazing book.

I won't talk a lot about it cause I never seem to blab a lot about awesome books. I don't need to convince anybody, I don't need to form those twirling emotions into words because I can't.

At the beginning, the book seemed like any other Sci-Fi book. Into the dark future, some developed techs that are against humans kinda crap. But the real fun starts from the fifth or sixth chapter.

I was annoyed by Shusterman's writing first (I'm so keen about good writing cause I'm a writer myself)because he was not letting me make out Connor's character by myself. He always had to explain after everything Connor had said or done. And that's no fun at all, but I was still interested in reading the book since so many people have loved it. And it's not for nothing.

Then slowly, I stopped noticing NS's writing and he in turn stopped explaining things as if we're first-graders.

This book has so much action yet it's not over-done. I loved te anticipation and excitement. The character's weren't perfect but I loved them. I especially loved Connor, I saw him change into a different person in front of my eyes.

You see, this book isn't just about the plot. The characters are so relatable, we all know what a hard time a teen goes through. The book also questions the question we all must think of so many times. What would eventually happen to civilization because of technology?

I don't know what else to say, but this is a book that can melt your heart and make it run fast at the same time.

Flawless.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwind.