Ezra's Reviews > Haveli

Haveli by Suzanne Fisher Staples

May 02, 2010

This book is actually the sequel to Shabanu which was a great book as well. This was a very hard book to grade I would really give it a 3 and a half but that doesnt exist. Awyway this book is about Shabanu after she left her home and went to live with a a rich man far away who had many other wives. In this book she strives to keep her daughter and herself safe from the wrath of the other wives she must live with. This book had love prospects, secrets, deaths, brother rivalry and more. It was above all a crazy but beautifully told drama. Though I dont think it was as good as the first book it definitely has my respects. It was a great book, it was very hard to imagine a life like that of Shabanus, one with sadness anger and irrestible yet forbbiden love. Many of the times I found myself getting angry with her for not giving into the love of Omar, many of the times I also disagreed with her choices, like her decisions to humble herself under the eyes of her evil husbands wives. This was a great bok simply, it was a bit too fictional though at times, but I would advise anyway who is into such stories to read this book(BUT AFTER THE FIRST BOOK)!!!! They will fall in love with the strong willed and hardheaded yound Shabanu like I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haveli.