Cynthia Hernandez's Reviews > A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson

May 02, 10

bookshelves: books-that-changed-my-life
Read in January, 2003

This book saved my faith at a very dark time and helped me to make sense of some of what I was going through. It changed who I was becoming and it remains part of who I am. I will always cherish it and be grateful for its existence.

I can't love and feel gratitude for the book without also feeling love and gratitude for its author, so I have a deep love and enduring gratitude for Marianne Williamson as well. I have ready most of her books, but this was the one that stands out, and it has a place on my literal and figurative bookshelf that is reserved for books that changed my life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Return to Love.

Quotes Cynthia Liked

Marianne Williamson
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

Marianne Williamson
“It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.”