Tanya's Reviews > Everything Is Illuminated

Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Is Illuminated.

Quotes Tanya Liked

Jonathan Safran Foer
“Do you think I'm wonderful? she asked him one day as they leaned against the trunk of a petrified maple. No, he said. Why? Because so many girls are wonderful. I imagine hundreds of men have called their loves wonderful today, and it's only noon. You couldn't be something that hundreds of others are.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“If we communicated with something like music, we would never be misunderstood, because there is nothing in music to understand...... But until we find this new way of speaking, until we can find a nonapproximate vocabulary, nonsense words are the best thing we've got. Ifactifice is one such word.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“I will describe my eyes and then begin the story. My eyes are blue and resplendent. Now I will begin the story.”