Liz (Consumed by Books)'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Jul 24, 11

bookshelves: 4-star, chick-lit, own, paranormal, vampires, werewolves, young-adult
Read from June 28 to July 01, 2011

You’ve probably heard a lot of people say that Paranormalcy is bleeping fantastic. With its gorgeous cover and rave reviews, I knew that this was a book I couldn’t miss. While each of these factors played a role in my decision to read Paranormalcy, neither of them prepared me for the awesomeness of this book.

Evie is one of the best female protagonists in young adult, paranormal fiction right now. She was an incredibly fun character to read about and had me laughing out loud without being shallow or one-dimensional. Sure, she loves the color pink and enjoys shopping, and she can be a little bit naive at first, but she’s also very compassionate and unafraid of questioning those around her.

Between Kiersten White’s hilarious characters, the epic chapter titles and the fast-paced plot, I sped through Paranormalcy. The plot is full of twists and turns that had me speculating until the very end. Speaking of the end, it was where my one problem with the book lies. I wanted more answers. Hopefully I get them when I pick up Supernaturally, Paranormalcy’s sequel.

Paranormalcy is exactly the refresher that its genre needs. This is the perfect read for anyone searching for a paranormal store that errs on the light-hearted side. I can’t wait to get more Evie and find out where her story goes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

Quotes Liz (Consumed by Books) Liked

Kiersten White
“Yes, I have a driver's license."

I leaned back against the wall, sighing. "Man, that must be so cool."

"It ranks right up there with lockers. In fact, sometimes I put my license inside my locker, and it's so cool I worry that the whole thing might explode with the sheer coolness of it all.”
Kiersten White, Paranormalcy

06/28/2011 page 67
06/29/2011 page 171
51.0% "Wish I could go without sleep. Finishing this one tomorrow, I hope!" 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…