Joy's Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

2711937
May 01, 2010

bookshelves: black-dagger-brotherhood, paranormal-romance, vampires-and-werewolves, ebooks
Read from May 20 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy

I didn't expect to like Rehvenge since I wasn't really fond of him, but I just did unexpectedly. As I read his story, I can't help but admire him as a son to his mom, a brother to Bella, and hero to Xhex. As we read from the previous books, he's a really good boss, and a good male in general. Only his sympath side is the downside to everything.

I noticed that most of the Brothers' females have a medical background and that's a good combination. I liked Ehlena immediately as she's not a weak and whining female. She's the one who helped Phury evacuate the civilians during the lesser attack at Havers. She does right by her father and unlike the other females in the hospital, she interacted with Rehvenge while she was attending to him.

There were a lot of issues here that has substories in them, there's Wrath's problem and how they're coping with it (I don't want to spoil anything), and at least Tohrment woke up and started living again. I hope he and John patch things up.

The sex scenes were few, but they were very intimate, and the phone sex really worked. Like all things take time, it's great that everything took time before Ehlena finally admitted her feelings. I'm just wondering about the future of the sympath colony. The writing style was great, I liked how the author made the relationship work, but sometimes it's not all about Rehvenge and Ehlena, there's the thing with John Matthew and Xhex, Lash's continuing progress as ruler of the lessers, his tactics working in the drug business, and the end part is foreshadowing what's next.

I can't wait to read John and Xhex's story. I'm not particularly fond of her, but maybe I'll like her in the end. She's not the regular sexy female but she's a turn-on for some guys. Even though John is wasting away through booze and sex, he really needs it; it's good to grow up and be strong.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

05/22/2010 page 141