Alea's Reviews > The Book of Awesome

The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha

May 14, 10

bookshelves: read-for-review

If it is not obvious already, The Book of Awesome is.... AWESOME. Whenever you need a laugh, a giggle, a smile a little pick me up, The Book of Awesome is right there waiting for you.

The format of the Book of Awesome is sort of an extended list. Each title describes the awesome thing and then the actual body copy ranging from a word to a few pages details the awesome. Pasricha goes off on a lot of tangents and tells a lot of stories and gives a lot of scenarios but his way with words made me follow him everywhere he went and it was very satisfying. It's like one of my very clever and funny friends wrote it, seriously!

I'd have to say I agreed with about 99% of the things he declared awesome, this guy has great taste. Some of my favorites include: Fixing electronics by smacking them, When you're really tired and about to fall asleep and someone throws a blanket on you, and Terrible businesses run by children. There is so much here!

This is a book that should be kept around forever and always. Who doesn't need a dose of positive attitude or memories of happy moments. This book is happy making and it's ... AWESOME!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Awesome.