Isabel's Reviews > Juegos de ingenio

Juegos de ingenio by John Katzenbach

Feb 04, 12

Read from September 23, 2011 to February 04, 2012

I wish I could give this book 3.5 stars. I liked it, but I honestly expected something else.
A world even more violent than the one we live in today. A place where no one is able to walk on their own, even in the middle of the day, and usually with a weapon. It's a sad picture, one that happens in certain places yes, but that I believe and hope won't become a common reality. Somewhere in the West, a direction that always has represented possibility a new State has been formed. A place where people can "once again" feel free, secure, but where liberty is a relative thing. The promises this new State offers are being shaken by one of the worst killers known. Help is needed and urgently. Since money and resources are not an issue the best is called in to help. The best being the closest person to the killer, his own son.
It took some chapters for me to get hooked into the story, once there, it wasn't easy to stop reading. As other Katzenbach novels, this is a well written thriller that keeps you guessing how is he going to wrap it, who will be the victim and who will deliver justice. But there was something that prevented the book from captivating me. I guess I was expecting more "mind games" and more insight into Professor Clayton's mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juegos de ingenio.

09/23/2011 page 37 "Began today. It seems like one of those stories you can think a lot about it, analyze it, look for clues. But it seems to also be one of those books you can simply enjoy page after page."
01/24/2012 page 101 "I know I should be hooked by this book, but it still hasn't got me."
01/28/2012 page 203 "Finally moving along..."
show 5 hidden updates…