Jess Lawson's Reviews > Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Quotes Jess Liked

David Levithan
“this is why we call people exes, I guess - because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. it's too easy to see an X as a cross-out. it's not, because there's no way to cross out something like that. the X is a diagram of two paths.”

David Levithan
“i do not say 'good-bye.' i believe that's one of the bullshittiest words ever invented. it's not like you're given the choice to say 'bad-bye' or 'awful-bye' or 'couldn't-care-less-about-you-bye.' every time you leave, it's supposed to be a good one. well, i don't believe in that. i believe against that.”

John Green
“dating you would be like a series of unnecessary root canals interspersed with occasional makeout sessions.”

John Green
“We acknowledge that being the person God made you cannot separate you from God's love.”

John Green
“You like someone who can't like you back because unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot. ”

John Green
“Some people have lives; some people have music.”

John Green
“Anything that happens all at once is just as likely to unhappen all at once, you know?”

David Levithan
“Mental health days only exist for people who have the luxury of saying 'I don't want to deal with things today' and then can take the whole day off, while the rest of us are stuck fighting the fights we always fight, with no one really caring one way or another, unless...”

John Green
“Caring doesn't sometimes lead to misery. It always does.”

John Green
“Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters.”

John Green
“I feel like my life is so scattered right now. Like it's all the small pieces of paper and someone's turned on the fan. But, talking to you makes me feel like the fan's been turned off for a little bit. Like things could actually make sense. You completely unscatter me, and I appreciate that so much.”

John Green
“Nothing's wrong. Everything's right. Things couldn't be righter. Things could be less tired. They could be less busy. They could be less caffeinated. But they couldn't be righter. ”

John Green
“As lives go, I'll take the quietly desperate over the radically bipolar.”

John Green
“So keeping the box closed just keeps you in the dark, not the universe.”

John Green
“Also, I feel that crying is almost--like, aside from deaths of relatives or whatever-- totally avoidable if you follow two very simple rules: 1.Don't care too much. 2. Shut up. Everything unfortunate that has ever happened to me has stemmed from failure to follow one of the rules.”

John Green
“You know how people are always saying your parents are always right? "Follow your parents' advice; they know what's good for you." And you know how no one ever listens to this advice, because even if it's true it's so annoying and condescending that it just make you want to go, like, develop a meth addiction and have unprotected sex with eighty seven thousand anonymous partners?”

John Green
“I jog through the halls and then go upstairs to Jane’s locker and carefully slip the note I wrote last night through the vent:

To: The Locker Houdini
From: Will Grayson

Re: An Expert in the Field of Good Boyfriends?

Dear Jane,
Just so you know: e. e. cummings cheated on both of his wives. With prostitutes.

Yours,
Will Grayson”
tags: humor

John Green
“You can trust that caring, as a rule, ends poorly,” which is true. Caring doesn’t sometimes lead to misery. It always does.”

John Green
“NO. No no no. I don't want to screw you. I just love you. When did who you want to screw become the whole game? Since when is the person you want to screw the only person you get to love? It's so stupid, Tiny! I mean, Jesus, who even gives a fuck about sex?! People act like it's the most important thing humans do, but come on. How can our sentient fucking lives revolve around something slugs can do. I mean, who you want to screw and whether you screw them? Those are important questions, I guess. But they're not that important. You know what's important? Who would you die for? Who do you wake up at five forty-five in the morning for even though you don't even know why he needs you? Whose drunken nose would you pick?!”