Paula Phillips's Reviews > Silent Star

Silent Star by Tracie Peterson

1969584
Apr 30, 10

Whenever I hear the word Silent Star it reminds me of that Christmas carol "Silent Night" probably because it contains the word Silent LOL. This book is set in the heart of World War 2 and is foucused around Andy a Telegram Deliverer , which in this case is unusual as most books don't really focus on main characters with mundane jobs like Delivery folk e,g how many books have you read that are about Milkman , Mailman or even a Pizza Delivery Boy. Andy has no-one and a job that sees him as A Grim Reaper , the patron saint of delivering bad news, though of course Andy can't help it , hes only doing his job. This job however has cost him his friends and makes others shun him , he has nobody till one day an elderly lady moves into the neighbourhood of Haven and befriends Andy, showing Andy that no matter what happens , there are people who care about him and that though Andy may not be able to see God -he is omnipresent and is always there right when you need him most. This is a wonderful heartfelt story about war , friendships and God , the main moral is that we must all stick together in times of hardships , no matter what each others circumstances are and that no matter what happens in your life ,even if you do not think that you are worth it -God Exists and cares deeply about you. The Cover of this book is amazing too and thats what drew me to it and if you are a good reader , it is a nice and quick read :).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Star.