Robert's Reviews > The Blue Edge of Midnight

The Blue Edge of Midnight by Jonathon King

May 15, 2010

bookshelves: mystery
Read from May 13 to 14, 2010

When I began reading this book I experienced a sense of deja who and had to close the book to look at the authors name to confirm who had written it. Jonathon King writes in a style very similar to Micheal Connelly, which is not a bad thing. For fans of one author it is easy to get very comfortable with the other authors books. This is a very well written story of a retired Philly P.D. officer just trying to take a step back while living deep in the Florida Glades. Only if life were so simple. It seems that the main character, Max Freeman, will quickly find himself embroiled in an all out manhunt for a child murderer. Not only as a suspect but possibly as a target of the killer. I almost gave this one a three star but then backed up and dropped a four star on it. The only dissapointment was that the book seemed sort of quick and I would have loved to see the author stretch his legs some more and run this one out at least another 50 pages. Guess I just wanted to hear more from the author and I will definitely be looking for Max Freemans return in book #2. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Edge of Midnight.