Victoria's Reviews > The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible As Literally As Possible

The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

Jan 08, 13

bookshelves: humour, memoir, non-fiction
Read from April 07 to 08, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting, amusing and amazingly, done without a sense of mockery. I think that it must have been very difficult to take a controversial topic like religion and then to take on this project without being offensive. It was very impressive that that the author not only made so many changes in his own life, but that the spirit behind it all was one of curiosity and not ridicule. Obviously, there were branches/sects of Judeo-Christianity that were not even touched upon, let alone explored in depth, but those that were, were well done. I suppose the thing that I am most curious about is whether or not some of the life changes that he made for this project became something of a routine, or habit that will continue - volunteering at the soup kitchen, tithing, etc. I am also VERY curious as to what he will write about next. Overall, I would say that I enjoyed The Know-it-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World more, but it was a close call! This was well-written, entertaining and even educational!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Living Biblically.