Meagan's Reviews > The Persian Pickle Club

The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas

Oct 10, 10

bookshelves: book-club-ky, 2010-reads, mystery, chic-lit, depression-era
Read from September 29 to October 10, 2010

Most of my book club girls have given this one a 3 star rating so I went in with very low expectations. I enjoyed more than I thought I would which is the reason for 4 stars instead. I am always up for a little mystery which is something I was not expecting, so that helped the rating as well. Fun, short but nothing thought provoking or life changing.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Persian Pickle Club.

Brandi Sounds interesting! I just read the Help and loved it and started, "The Friday Night Knitting Club". I love tales of women joining together sharing stories!

Meagan I loved The Help! The Persian Pickle Club is one we are doing for book club in a couple of months but I have heard it is pretty good. You'll have to let me know what you think of TFNKC.

Brandi I will! Barely started, only on page 10 and busy so hope to get some outdoor time reading tomorrow since it's supposed to be in the 80s!

Rebecca I really liked this book, but I felt kind of bad for the girl who they wouldn't let join the club (it's been about 4+ years since I read this book so I don't remember her name). At the time, I was living somewhere and I kind of felt left out so I totally sympathized with her. That was what I thought was somewhat thought provoking. Glad you liked it :)

Meagan I felt the same way. What was it they disliked about her so much? There was another book that I read recently where there was one woman who all the other ladies hated. It was supposed to add humor to the book (I think) but I was kind of bothered by it.