Lola's Reviews > Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate

Become Your Own Matchmaker by Patti Stanger

Apr 29, 10

Patti Stanger is a legend in the land of Hollywood and home entertainment alike. She is a third generation matchmaker, centrally located in L.A., who helps the upper crust find their "love of a lifetime." She is probably most famous for her filter (or lack there of) when it comes to critiquing not only potential matches, but her clients as well. Patti's honesty is brutal, but always spot on. With an insanely high success rate, she might sound like the answer to your prayers, however her insanely high price tage might cause you to slam on the brakes of your Love Bus. (After all, she is the "Millionaire Matchmaker", no?) Instead, this Cupid on earth has decided to dispense her most valuable matchmaking advice to us mere mortals in her new book, "Become Your Own Matchmaker."

This book was very interesting. It was the first dating book I have ever read, and it was actually pretty addictive. You are able to identify Patti's trademark sauciness immediately (She is the friend who will tell you your ass DOES look huge in that skirt, and then help you find a gloriously flattering dress), even through written word, which is very entertaining. The focus of this book is how to get the ring in 8 steps. Each step includes something different, and each step is fully detailed with what is expected and how you should behave. Also included is signs that you should ditch your guy if such red flags pop up. She included some very useful tips on where to meet single guys, as well as what date nights are "serious" date nights. None of the information was really applicable to me, but I found it interesting.

Some of her advice was a bit drastic. For example, she advises you to carry around postcard sized pictures of you, with a biography on the back, just incase you meet someone. I can tell you right now I am not about to do that. I think I didn't like this book as much as I should have because I am not concerned with dating or marriage right now. And as I said before, this is a step-by-step plan on how to get married. I just think that Patti makes it sound like being single is miserable, and maybe that is true for some women out there, but not for me, not by a long shot. This book seems to put pressure on you to get married as soon as you can, because "no one is getting any younger," and "your clock is ticking." Hmmmmm...ok. Listen, ladies, if you are desperate to find love, this book might actually help you. However, if you are just looking for "dating advice" (or how to marry a millionaire) then I don't know if this is exactly what you need. But, hey, it couldn't hurt, right?
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Become Your Own Matchmaker.