Amanda's Reviews > Charmed and Dangerous: The Rise of the Pretty Committee

F_50x66
Apr 29, 10

Book Review
Charmed and Dangerous

Charmed and Dangerous is the Clique prequel. It explains how the Pretty Committee became friends. Massie Block is part of the Ahnnabees, a clique at Massie's school, Presbeterian Middle School. All the members of the Ahnnabees, Brianna, Shauna, Lana and Ahnna, aren't really listening to any of Massie's ideas. Massie thinks she should be Alpha of the group. Dylan Marvil is Merri-Lee Marvil's daughter. Merri-Lee Marvil is the host of a very popular talk show and the host of the celebrity New Year's Eve party. Dylan isn't into how she looks like her older sisters and acts more like one of the guys. Kristen Gregory is stuck at home with her cousin baby-sitting and finally gets to the party later. Alicia Rivera is one of the dancers dancing at the party. Claire won a contest to meet a boy band in Orlando. All these girls are meant to be in the same clique, but have to meet first. How are 5 different girls with 5 different personalities going to become best friends?

I didn't like this book as much as all the other Clique books. I thought this book was too easy compared to Lisi Harrison's other books. Charmed and Dangerous is also very boring and kind of confusing because each chapter is about a different girl. I finished this book much faster than any other Clique books, which I love. I was really disappointed on how the book ended, too. I don't think this book really explains how the girls really became friends, more on how they met. I think Charmed and Dangerous should explain in more detail on how they actually formed the clique, became best friends, and decided on Massie for alpha. I wish this book would have been better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charmed and Dangerous.