Heather's Reviews > Forget You

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Jul 22, 10

bookshelves: books-read-in-2010, ya-romance-to-everything-in-between, worst-reads-ever-read-nevertheless
Read from July 17 to 22, 2010

***BEWARE: OVER-DRAMATIC DIATRIBE TO FOLLOW***

I'm easy to please... some would say, I'm an easy reviewer and rater of books. I would have to agree. I may give out five and four stars to just about anything. Mostly. But, I don't give one stars out lightly though. I like what I like... without guilt or shame.

What I loath most in books is horrendous writing and pointless story lines. Or, dull-witted female character types. Zoey the main character in this book was annoyingly moronic. She was blind and one-dimensional, actually that describes most of the characters, except Doug (he reminded me of Brandon Lee, so he gets exempt).

Besides the unfavorable Zoey, the writing was beyond bad. Was an editor even present during the reviewing of this book, or did that process get skipped and it was straight to the printing press. I'm thinking the latter. There was too much repetitive detailing and word phrasing. I hate to sound over redundant myself, but hasn't anyone ever heard of a Thesaurus. Seriously. Plus, the story had no direction and it seemed fragmented.

I really liked Jennifer Echols', Going Too Far, but now I'm wondering if I was delusional at the time. I'm thinking of rereading it, so I would know whether I was sane at the time of reading it, or if this book was a weird fluke from the author.

At any rate, I think that about sums up my rant... sorry.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget You.

07/18/2010 page 42