Kimmy's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Apr 29, 10

The five people yo meet in heaven starts out with a grumpy old man named Eddie. The reader in unaware of his past and why he is so lonely. Eddie works ar a carnival which has deeper meaning to him than just spinning rides and cotton candy stands. On his 83 birthday he had no idea it would be his last. Saving an innocent girl from a broken carnival ride, he gave his life. Now sent to heaven he meets five people who remind him of his past. They show how he affected the world in a way that was unconcious to him. Through the adventure he realizes his true lifes' meaning.
In this eye- opening inspirational novel I have learned to relate to the story. After reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven it made me wonder if I have impacted other peoples' lives as obliviously as Eddie. If I've ever given someone a heart attac, or burnt down a building. Things like this you don't normally think about, but this story goot you to wonder. It composes of 5 people, 5 lessons, and 5 ways to see the silver linning in every situation. The novel left me feeling light- hearted and free, almost. You learn everything happens for a reaso, and this book is perfect for that. It was a pleasure reading and would definitely recomment it to all ages.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Alyssa This is my favorite book of all time. Its so touching!

message 1: by Cali (last edited Nov 02, 2014 08:54AM) (new) - added it

Cali Thériault I can relate to this review since I personally feel the same way. I agree that the book made me feel emotional and was filled with inspirational quotes. The quotes made you think about life and heaven itself. I also wonder about my impact on people’s life and the impact of people in my life. After reading the book, I also felt inspired and I found myself asking multiple questions about my own personal life and the setting in heaven. I found your review helpful since it made me realise how I felt after reading the captivating book. I appreciate your review and your opinion on the book. Thank you very much for your opinion and your review it helped me realise how I felt when I was reading and after I was reading the book.