Ellz Readz's Reviews > Bite Me

Bite Me by Christopher Moore

Apr 29, 10

liked it
Read in April, 2010

My thoughts...It is been a while since I visited the world of Christopher Moore. It is a place of quick wit, snarky behavior, and snappy characters. This book starts off with Abby and her high-tech boyfriend living in the loft. Things get a bit hairy when Chet, the vampire cat, starts making more vampire animals. The town of San Francisco seems to be under attack. Readers will get to see their favorites, including Jody, Tommy, and the Animals. We also get to meet Okata, who turned out to be one of the deepest characters in the book.

The plot of the story moved at a slow pace for me, it was too easy to put down. The Vampire animals was funny at first, but quickly seemed to consume most of the book. The POV jumped around a lot which left me a bit dizzy. I had a very hard time reading Abby's chapters. She is a young character, with obvious identity issues, but her vocabulary went from funny to irritating withing a few chapters.

Overall, I am glad I read this final book in the trilogy. It did provide some much needed and long-awaited closure. If you plan on reading Bite Me, read the other two in the series first and read them together if you can. The last book would be most enjoyable if you were already in the rhythm of Moore's writing. The series is sure to provide some good laughs and a fresh look at the Vampire scene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me.