Jimmy Hanson's Reviews > Dissonance

May 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, m-m, sweet-in-betweeners, 2012
Read on April 30, 2010, read count: 1

"4.5"

Read this one because I was bored, on my computer, and it happened to be in my 'PDF Ebooks' back up file. I'd thought it might be a good novel but never really got around to reading it because I ran into others that caught my interest more ... now I'm glad I was bored yesterday.

The timidness Matthias shows makes sense - it's not just some character flaw that Sonja Spencer uses to endear him to us. And Kent, without even really knowing what happened, decides on his own to take the time, care enough and be thoughtful enough to befriend him. Although the want to become involved on a more physical level was there, it wasn't Kent's main focus and need. He tells Matthias multiple times that he wants only what Matthias will give - and then his actions back up that claim, time and time again.

My only [extremely mild:] complaint is that Kent gradually became more and more of the timid one. It was cute, the scene where his hid his face underneath the covers to hide his blush while he admitted his personal sexual wants to Matthias, but I couldn't see Kent, the strong and confident and patient man, doing that. Possibly Matthias but then not really him, either. It was more like the author had an idea for an adorable scene and didn't know where to put it, so she tucked it into this novel, and built Kent around it for the last few scenes so it didn't stick out as badly.

Still, a wonderful story I'd enjoy reading again soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dissonance.