Woolfie Silverbane's Reviews > Anansi Boys

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

Mar 17, 2012

Read from March 06 to 17, 2012

I have to agree with Patrick Rothfuss. This is a typically Gaiman book, witty, weird,wonky and wonderful, but... in my view not as 'w'ful as Coraline or Stardust which I loved. Whimsical reading and not a second wasted, like a good book ought t be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anansi Boys.

03/06/2012 page 18
show 7 hidden updates…

message 1: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Anansi is a spider from an African folktale, right???

Woolfie Silverbane Yeah that's right, truth be told I only know a little about him:p

message 3: by Kosi (new)

Kosi I don't know that much either. I remember hearing it somewhere but I don't know. Spider is all imremember. So the book is about spiders??? Gross :P

Woolfie Silverbane Well not really about Spiders:pIt's this guy who finds out his Dad is Anansi, and that he has a brother called Spider, and how that plays about with his life. I like Gaiman's writing, it's humourous in a witty way.

message 5: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Uh huh...

Woolfie Silverbane But he's a bit'warped,' if you've seen of read Coraline, then you'd know what I mean.

message 7: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Coraline is creepy. I hated that movie. And in 3-D, it was even worse O_O

message 8: by Woolfie (last edited Mar 11, 2012 10:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Woolfie Silverbane Lol, well Anansi Boys isn't creepy like that, but it's by the same writer.

message 9: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Good to know. Another discussion in the comment section of one of your reviews. I think that's a record :P

Woolfie Silverbane It can be your trademark Tea Kosy or Drinks Koseter:)

message 11: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Huh??

Woolfie Silverbane Lol I meant that chatting in the review comments section could be like something you did, your trademark, like a signature:)

message 13: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Sound funn :) what would yours be???

Woolfie Silverbane Using big words probably lol

message 15: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Haha that sound correct, amigo :p

message 16: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Drinks Koseter??? Ohhh drinks Koseter (like coaster) just got that :)

Woolfie Silverbane Lol still looking for a suitable nickname for you, curious what're your family origins, never heard the name Kosy before.

message 18: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Would you like to guess, or do you want me to tell you??? :)

Woolfie Silverbane Oh dear, I'm tempted to say either Arab of Turkish, but I have no idea:p

message 20: by Kosi (new)

Kosi Nope. Haha I've stumped you, Mr. Thinker :p keep guessing :)

Woolfie Silverbane Hum, African, Ghanaian perhaps, even Indian:p I give up lol

message 22: by Kosi (new)

Kosi VERY close with African. What part?? Keep going, your so so so close :p