Colin Miller's Reviews > The Thing Beneath the Bed

The Thing Beneath the Bed by Patrick Rothfuss

Dec 20, 10

Read in July, 2010

This is a book that whenever I have friends come over to my place for the first time and they start to browse my bookshelves, I pull this out and give it to them saying "read this, it's short and won't take long." I think the greatest joy can be had just by watching their face as they approach the end of the book. Quite often (just like Ash and I did when we first read it) you get to a certain part where you have to look back at the page just before it because you feel like you must have missed a connection somewhere. But no, that's what happens.

Truly a fun little book that's great to go through a second time to notice all of the hidden art pieces. I even got it signed and a sticker from the author that said "This shit ain't for kids. Seriously." Written as a faux childrens' book, I would gladly read this to my kid if I were to ever have one. Some may say that that's a reason I shouldn't have kids. I think you should read it yourself and then decide.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing Beneath the Bed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kelly O'Dowd Literally just finished reading this book. And yes. I agree. I will read this to my children. Only, when they are like 12 or 13 and not when they have fevers. Or at night. In fact, I will not read this at night. Or when I have fevers.