Arya's Reviews > Seven Tears Into the Sea

Seven Tears Into the Sea by Terri Farley

Jul 19, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, adventure
Read in July, 2010

Have you ever seen in the movies where the heroine finds the book which will save everyone and she is reading feverishly, when all of a sudden - bam! - the book just ends. She flips the pages back and forth a few times - yes the last page is still blank - the story is over.

That was the feeling this book left me with. I actually did flip the last page back and forth to check that I hadn't missed anything - REALLY!! That was the end??!!

Apparently it was and I am very upset that we do not know what happens:

***SPOILERS***

I mean Jesse just "disappears" without saying goodbye? And I know that he told her "If you know it is the last time you will never be able to let go . . . yadda, yadda, yadda" but seriously - I mean HE JUST LEFT!!! That was SOOO annoying. The ending practically gave me whiplash!

***End of Spoilers***

So basically this story is another play on the "selkie" legend - but instead of seals we have sea lions - and it was pretty good. Except for the ending (which if you still haven't got I did not care for one bit). One of the better selkie stories I have read. I didn't think the romance was too sappy and it was clean which was good. Jesse (with the Jesse from the Mediator and this Jesse I am starting to fall in love with the name) was interesting and strange in an adorable way. All in all glad I read it . . . though I am rather angry with the author right now because of the ending.

So this is the end of my rant, see you next time on "Whiplash Endings".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Tears Into the Sea.

April*procrastinator and proud* lol I'm totally in love with the name Jesse too!!!
Have you watched Glee?? Well there's a guy who comes in on the show in the second half of the show and completely sweeps the main girl Rachel off her feet (and me... i lurrrve himmm!)
I love the name Jesse now!! it's so funny XD