Tam's Reviews > Windows in Time

2620907
Apr 28, 10

bookshelves: m-m, historicals, ghosts-not-mc
Read in April, 2010

After breaking his leg falling down the stairs, Jonah needs help so is sister arranges for a nurse she works with to help him out while she’s out of town. Nurse Liam turns out to be a hot younger guy. Meanwhile Jonah discovers a ghost in the window across from his apartment and the two of them go about figuring out who he is. The book then splits off with one chapter in present day with Liam and Jonah and one chapter about Buck and Oliver (the ghost and his lover). They are set 50 years ago, where Oliver, a cross dresser and Buck meet up (Oliver lived in Jonah’s apartment) and follows their relationship to their death while Jonah and Liam figure out the crime and work on their own relationship which is erratic at best.

So did I like it? I did. Did I love it? Umm. No. Why? I really have zero interest in historicals set in the “golden age of Hollywood”. The time period just doesn’t grab me and I really don’t get the whole crossdressing thing. I don’t find it hot. *shrug* Different strokes. So I found myself kind of zipping through those chapters to get back to Jonah and Liam. Also you know that Buck and Oliver end badly (otherwise they wouldn’t be ghosts) so it’s difficult to know there is no HEA for them, at least on this earthly plane. So I thought it was a very interesting mechanism, to do chapter by chapter in different time periods, the writing was well done, the characters likable but it just didn’t suck me in as much as some perhaps. Still, I think a worthy read and it’s well loved by many.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Windows in Time.