Lydia Presley's Reviews > Disney at Dawn

Apr 28, 10

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, fantasy, fiction, young-adult
Read on April 28, 2010

Again, if I wasn't such a Disney fan, my liking for this book would not be this much.

In some ways this book was better than Disney at Dark (Kingdom Keepers #1). The mystery was more interesting and the information given was fascinating (as far as how the parks run etc). It definitely was action-packed but it still lacked something.

Still, I'm struggling with the portrayal of the kids in these stories. They just.. act like what an adult would envision a kid to be like (if that makes sense?) Everything just falls into place for them, they make all the right decisions and they are way too mature for 14 year old kids. I love pre-teen fiction but this one really toes the line between interesting and just plain annoying.

I will be reading the next one - how could I not with the ending in this one? but at this point I'm expecting more of the same. As a Disney lover though, I'll take what I can get when set in the magical background of Disney World.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disney at Dawn.

Drew Graham I am a big Disney fan, and that's exactly WHY I didn't like these books very much. I totally agree about the kids acting like adults think kids act.