Bethany's Reviews > Sisters Red

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

F 50x66
Jan 24, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal, romance, fairy-tale, contemporary, young-adult
Read in January, 2012

Scarlett and Rosie March are sisters. They're also hunters though, and have been ever since the day a werewolf came to their door, killed their grandmother, and destroyed one of Scarlett's eyes before she killed it. Scarlett is obsessed with hunting--hunting and protecting her sister, those are the only two things in her life. Rosie is different; she and Scarlett are as close as two people can be, two halves of the same heart, but Rosie--well, she hunts, but it's not everything to her. Now the wolves, the Fenris, are looking for a rare potential, a man who can become a wolf with a bite, and Scarlett focuses on finding that man, using him as bait to take out as many Fenris as she can find. When their search takes them to the city, an old friend and hunting partner, Silas, encourages Rosie to find something else, a hobby, take classes. And there's a spark between them, too, something they both know to keep secret from Scarlett.

This book has been in my TBR pile for years, and I finally decided to listen to the audiobook during my commute. It has a great cover, but I just never felt the urge to pick it up and actually read it. Ultimately, it was disappointing. I found the characters annoying and the plot predictable. It wasn't the reading, and it wasn't really the writing. It was just the book. There wasn't anything wrong with it, exactly, but it wasn't what I wanted to be listening to, either. I just didn't care about the characters enough to care about the stakes. And the stakes were...well, pretty low, if you didn't care about the characters. So, not my book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.